Kinvara on Sunday 25th July.
The event will start about 3pm.
Activities for a fun filled family day will include:
- Face Painting
- Fancy Dress Competition “Pirate Theme” (for children) with excellent prizes
- Wine Tasting
- Live Music
- The Aran Islands and Galway Bay Lifeboats will be coming and will carry out a rescue training exercise with the MRCC helicopter from Shannon
- RNLI safety training and checking of life jackets/flares
- Blessing of the boats
- Various rafflesthroughout the day
- Monster auction in the Pier Head Restaurant on the quay at 9pm
All of the proceeds raised will be donated directly to the RNLI.
Its going to be a fun day out for all. Meet the lifeboat crews, have your gear checked, learn about sea safety or just come along for a glass of vino and enjoy the atmosphere.
The RNLI is an independent charity, and does not receive any funding from the government. We can’t save lives at sea without public support.
Lifeboats need to be designed, built, fuelled and maintained, and their crews trained and equipped. Lifeguards also need training and equipment. Can you help?
Volunteers are vital to the RNLI. However you get involved, supporting our crews and lifeguards can be both motivating and rewarding
The RNLI welcomes every volunteer is a place where volunteers help saves lives at sea has volunteering opportunities that can be tailored to each person supports every volunteer to help us reach our mission